Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They are very fond of lists. Each week they post a new top ten list relating to all things bookish. Check it out and be sure to link your own list there.
This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves
1. Love triangles. I’m sorry, I know other people love them. I don’t as a general rule. They make me feel like my main character is fickle.
2. Inexplicable attraction equaling love. I see this a lot in paranormal romances. They meet, they yearn for one another, they make-out, and now, they’re in love. Sometimes without any meaningful conversation.
3. Cliffhangers. I love a good series, but sometimes I feel like a book is cut off at the end just because they could get a deal for more than one book, when the one book would have sufficed.
4. Long descriptions. When the descriptions of the flora and fauna are too long my eyes glaze over, and I skip paragraphs.
5. Books or authors with social agendas. I read for fun, not to expand my horizons.
6. Sex and/or excessive swearing in YA books.
7. The way that Amazon.com groups books together for shipping. Sometimes I have one book shipping next month, one in six months, and two available now, and they group the two available books with the last shipment instead of the first available. Grr…
8. People who get really offended about reviews. We’re all just sharing our opinions. You don’t have to agree, but we can all be nice about it.
9. Whiplash endings. You know the book: the build-up of the story took over 200 pages, and now it’s resolved in ten, yet leaving you with many unanswered questions.
10. When release dates get pushed back. I have no problem when they get moved up :)
Next week-- Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition