Monday, January 25, 2010

Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore


Nimira lives in a world that seems a lot like Victorian England. She comes there after her mother dies thinking that she will be a respected dancer like her mother had been. She finds life is not what she expected until Hollin Parry comes to the theater one night. He offers her a job singing with an automaton.

His previous singers have all quit saying that something just wasn't right about the automaton. Nimira refuses to be frightened away, and learns that the automaton is not what he appears. He might just be the heir to the fairy throne.
Nimira struggles to learn who to trust, and who to love.

Overall, I give the book 4.5 stars. It pulled me in right away. At only 240 pages it was a short read, and it's set up to be a trilogy at least. My only complaints are that I wish Jaclyn Dolamore had made it a longer book and just finished it instead of leaving me in suspense. I also thought a prologue would have been nice to get background for the human vs. fairy war that had occured before our story took place.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review. I keep seeing this one around.

    ReplyDelete